Cinema is considered to be one of the main kinds of art, and it is also a very profitable business. Some movies surprise us not just with the plot or acting but also by the number of zeros in their “budget“ and ”gross” columns. Of course, we agree that every single person should be paid for their hard work, but some actors make much more money than others. And many of them earn money outside the world of cinema.
Bixize invites you to take a look at the list of today’s richest actors. Of course, all figures are approximate. Only the people on the list know the real figures.
15. Jessica Alba — $340 million
- Most financially successful movies: Sin City, Fantastic Four, Mechanic: Resurrection.
- Jessica Alba has much more in her life than her movie career. She is a co-founder of a very successful company that produces nontoxic products. Her share is estimated to be around $200-$250 million. It’s quite surprising that Jessica stays economical and practical when shopping.
14. Jackie Chan — $350 million
- Most financially successful movies (as an actor and/or director): Rumble in the Bronx, Rush Hour, Kung Fu Panda (he has more than 100 movies in total).
- This guru of martial arts and owner of an Honorary Oscar has seen very good profits for almost all of his movies. In 2017, he spent a huge amount of money on an expensive yacht, manufactured specially for him by Chinese masters. According to Chan, it wasn’t just a whim but a “prop” for his future movies.